can't read PDA or update firmware

Andy Lutomirski luto
Sun Dec 7 10:02:50 PST 2003

Jouni Malinen wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 01:45:05AM -0800, Andy Lutomirski wrote:
>

>>No.  This is straight out of the retail box two days ago.
>

> Odd.. Have you tested whether it works Windows tools? I would assume it
> has to because current Intersil drivers use RAM downloading and that
> requires access to PDA data).

I haven't tested Windows tools yet, since I don't have Windows on this
box -- I might try it in my Windows box later this week.  In any case,
the intel drivers don't seem to contain firmware (and they're well over
a year old).

I found RAM images and was able to successfully download 1.5.6, 1.7.4,
and 1.8.0, the latter two of which seem to work well.  I don't feel like
flashing the card -- my init scripts handle the RAM download now, and I
see no point to risking my card.

Thanks for your help,
Andy