prism2_srec flashing - Exact NICID was not found ...

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Wed Aug 27 17:52:19 PDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 03:45:58PM -0700, Jun Sun wrote:

> When I was trying to upgrade the station firmware on a 0x8008 v1.0.1 card,
> I got a "Exact NICID was not found.." warning.  See the detail output
> attached.
>
> Can I proceed to flash with "-i" option?  In fact I seem to remember
> Jouni saying "-i" option is ignored when doing flash firmware
> upgrade.  Does this mean I can't upgrade station firmware on this card?

Yes, "-i" would be ignored in this case and prism2_srec refuses to
download that flash image to the card. If you want to risk killing the
card, you can of course comment this verification out from prism2_srec.
However, I would strongly recommend first testing a RAM-downloadable
version of the exact same image to verify that it works with your card.