modversion issue on redhat 9

Jun Sun jsun
Wed Aug 27 10:02:15 PDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 06:12:17PM +1000, Ryan Abbenhuys wrote:
> Hostap installs perfectly for me under Redhat9 using pcmcia-cs-3.2.4 and
> kernel 2.4.21
> No unresolved symbols or errors.  HostAP appears to function fine, it's just
> that I have no Tx-Power settings or ability to alter it.

My report is only applicable to the original kernel that comes with
RedHat CD.

After you re-configure and re-compile the kernel, or even upgrade
the kernel through rpms, things can be quite different.  IIRC, earlier
RH kernels (such as 7.x) don't use MODVERSIONS.  That is probably why I
did not notice this problem.

Jun