[lsantos at pd3.com.br: Re: 802.11 mathematical model]

Yang-Hwee TAN tanyh
Wed Aug 20 17:55:41 PDT 2003

u've got the mail sent to the wrong person, leonardo.
anyway, here's the forwarded message for Anand S. Katti
read on...

-Yanghwee

----- Forwarded message from Leonardo Pereira Santos <lsantos at pd3.com.br> -----

From: Leonardo Pereira Santos <lsantos at pd3.com.br>
To: Yang-Hwee TAN <tanyh at bii.a-star.edu.sg>
Subject: Re: 802.11 mathematical model
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 18:49:46 -0300

	I think there's a propagation model for 802.11, like the reflective model
used to place cell phone radio bases, but I have no idea where to get it. I
assume you are talking about the phisics of it.
	And about what I learned in college about radio propagation, there's no easy
relation between the TX power and rcv power, as this depends on the
propagation model of radio of this frequencies and modulation schemes, like
DSSS. Try Electrical Engineering books on radio propagation. ARRL might have
something more practical on 802.11, so taking a look at the ARRL site for
bibliography does not hurt.
	What you need these for? If you say exactly what you need, perhaps some is
able to help you further. Cheers!

On Tuesday 19 August 2003 22:17, Yang-Hwee TAN wrote:
> hi,
>
> u may wana try to get more of this info from IEEE standards,
>    http://ieee.org (zone: wireless)
>
> to look for the standard spec for IEEE802.11 you may find the
> stuffs you mention below.
>
> if u need actual specs of a product or brand that supports 802.11,
> you'll need to get it from the vendors.
>

> cheers,
> yanghwee
>
> On 2003-08-19 17:04:55, Anand S. Katti <askatti at ece.iisc.ernet.in> wrote:
> > Dear sir,
> >
> > Im sorry if this post is not relevant to the current list. But I need the
> > information on 802.11 in mathematical way.
> >
> > Like I want to know the mathematical relation between RECEIVER
> > SENSITIVITY, RANGE, MTBF, RATE, S/N RATIO, Txpower, Rxpower, etc..
> >
> > Could anyone suggest me any link or books to get through this?
> > Well i know the definition of these above terms but if want to do
> > programing, then i shudbe knowing the mathematical relation between them.
> >
> > I hope you have the answer.
> >
> > --

- --
This is Linux country.
On a quiet night, you can hear Windows reboot.

Leonardo Pereira Santos
Engenheiro de Projetos
PD3 Tecnologia
av. Par? 330/202