Error message> wlan0: SW TICK stuck?

Alexander Bo"gl a.boegl
Tue Aug 19 04:23:57 PDT 2003

Jouni Malinen schrieb:

>On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 11:44:33AM +0200, Milos Sramek wrote:
>

>>What does this error message mean ??  and why it's egressing ??
>>
>>wlan0: SW TICK stuck? bits=0x0 EvStat=8001 IntEn=e018
>>
>>Linux repeatly this message to console and is total "dead".
>>

>Host AP driver uses a software watchdog to detect busy looping IRQ
>events. That message should be displayed every two seconds if most of
>the kernel gets stuck (deadlock etc.) but hw interrupts are still
>working. Did you happen to catch any messages just before the first 'SW
>TICK stuck' message?

Hi!

I have a simular problem, but it happends as soon I access the network.

The messages are folloing a "Unable to handle NULL pointer deference"
Kernel panic.

It seems that my problem is not hostap related cause I have the kernel
panic without the
hostap too, only without the SW TICK stuck messages every 2 secs.

I hope this can even help.