Need advice: whether to flash DLink DWL-520

Pavel Roskin proski
Mon Aug 11 15:42:45 PDT 2003

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003, Eduardo Kaftanski wrote:

> If so, you should flash it to 1.4.9 and then flash it to 1.7.4 to
> get the latest enhancements and to properly support WDS. Why the two step
> flash? Don't know... but I tried to flash 1.5.6 directly to it and the
> flashing failed. Flashing 1.4.9 first made it work ok again...

Your failure may be related to the fact that you didn't update primary
firmware.

If you check the archives, I was able to flash DWL-520 from secondary
PRI 1.0.4 and STA 1.1.0 (much older than 1.3.4) straight to PRI 1.1.1
and STA 1.7.4.

You should flash primary and secondary firmware in the same time, and use
CVS HostAP because version 0.0.4 cannot flash primary firmware.  That
includes updating prism2_srec to the CVS version, too.

Sorry for repeating the same things over and over again, but if it's not
done, urban legends start appearing :-)

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin