NICID 8002 1.7.1 firmware upgrade

Jose Araujo jlaraujo
Tue Aug 5 07:10:16 PDT 2003

Hi, i tried to upgrade my USRobotics 1410 to the latest firmware (1.7.1).

After some tries, prism2_srec always failed with a timeout error.
I then upgraded to CSV version, same timeout error.

My setup was:

NICID: 0x8002 1.0.0
PRI: 0x15          0.3.0
STA: 0x1f          1.4.9

After a ram upgrade to 1.5.6 it was:

NICID: 0x8002 1.0.0
PRI: 0x15          0.3.0
STA: 0x1f          1.5.6

While browsing the mailing list archives i found a flash upgrade for
0x8002 and tried it.

It worked, my setup was then:
PRI: 0x15          0.3.0
STA: 0x1f          1.5.6

After that i tried again to flash upgrade to 1.7.1.
To my surprise it worked, so this message is meant to help everyone who
may have the same problem.
Thanks to the comunity for their effort in this mailing list.
And a special thanks to Pavel Roskin who maintains a firmware page where
i downloaded all firmware versions
http://www.red-bean.com/~proski/firmware/.

Jos? Ara?jo