[HostAP] Re: problems with 0.0.4 and gcc-3.2/3.3

Francois Gurin matrix
Mon Aug 4 14:45:21 PDT 2003

> > Did you compile your kernel with the exact same gcc version? I have been
> > using gcc v3.2.3 without any problems.
>
> I think this may be the crux of the issue.  I don't recall what i compiled
> the kernel with, but it may have been 2.95.  I'm working on rebuilding the
> kernel to see what happens.  If this is the case, I'll have some egg on my
> face, but at least it will be in the archives for anyone else having similar
> issues.

This was in fact the problem.  With the kernel rebuilt with the same
gcc there are no crashes or lockups.

In summary, as others pointed out, there are no problems with 0.0.4
and gcc-3.3 aside from the benign warnings from the kernel-headers.

It's all back to working quite nicely.  Thank you all for the assitance.

--francois