Flaky connection with latest CVS version

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Aug 3 12:02:30 PDT 2003

On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 08:15:12PM +0200, Michael Guntsche wrote:

> Looking through my syslog it seems that those re-associations only happen
> while the system is idling (no network traffic at all)
> For testing purposes I left the notebook running this afternoon
> without doing anything.
> I noticed that the master machine started dropping and re-associating the notebook
> in a pattern.
> 5 minutes connection,re-associate, 10 minutes con, re-associate, 5 min, re, 10 min......

Host AP verifies STA activity every five minutes by sending a poll frame
to the STA. If STA does not reply, it will be disassociated. It looks
like this verification is not working in your setup. Which station
firmware version are you using? Are you using hostapd or only kernel
driver for 802.11 management?