hostap setup problem

Jeff Omick jomick
Sun Apr 27 21:06:46 PDT 2003

You need to re-compile with the EXTRA_CFLAG option
in the README.prism2 file.

Host AP configuration for IEEE 802.1X
-------------------------------------

Host AP driver includes and Authenticator implementation in the user
space daemon. When using this Authenticator, the driver needs to be
compiled for user space management functionality, i.e., with
PRISM2_HOSTAPD defined. This is not the default option, so an
additional configuration is needed. This can be added by editing
driver/modules/hostap_config.h, or more easily by using EXTRA_CFLAGS
definition:

make pccard EXTRA_CFLAGS="-DPRISM2_HOSTAPD"

After this, the kernel driver should be installed and the kernel
modules loaded to initialize the wireless LAN card. In addition, the
user space daemon needs to be build:

cd hostapd
make

Hope this helps