Add an extra information element to Beacon

Jim Burns jeb
Thu Apr 24 06:21:52 PDT 2003

Hello,
The following is an exchange you had a few months ago. Is there any code
snippet I could see that demonstrates how to do this?
--------------------------------------
PREVIOUS EXCHANGE
--------------------------------------
I am trying to add an extra information element doing the following but to
no avail:
printk (KERN_CRIT "Setting traffic indication map\n");
if (local->func->set_rid(local->dev, HFA384X_RID_CNFTIMCTRL, val, 4))
{
printk(KERN_CRIT "Could not set traffic indication map\n");
}

On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 06:39:49PM +0800, Huang Xiaodong wrote:
> Do you know how to add some thing such as a int value into Beacon's
reserve
> capablility field before sending Beacon frame? I want to bring some
infomation
> of Hostap to Clients' stations.
This would require firmware changes (or exploiting SETTIM buffer overrun
;-).

Sincerely,
Jim Burns