Just an Idea

Slavoj Hruska hostapd
Tue Apr 15 03:47:53 PDT 2003

Hello all,

I have just an idea. May be it is too bad way but try to read this
lines till end.

At first, sorry about my englis, I am now more than 48hour without
sleep. :-))

What is basic diferent between FHS and DSS? DSS transmit on 1 fixed
channel and FHS change channel every xx ms based on hopping seq.

Basic result. DSS  greater speeds, FHS greater stability to
interfeneces at industrial zones.

And now, why i talking about that basics what everybody know?

Try to imagine hostapd core witch will do next few additional steps:

1) have internal static table [0..XX] of byte where XX is for example 63
2) via, for example /proc/net/hostap/wlan0/hopping you can read and
write sequention of channels between hostapd will be hopping and via for
example /proc/net/hostap/wlan0/hop_timmer u can tell hostapd interval
between hops in ms
3) hostapd core have internal timer witch after that time
deassocciate all stations, change channel to next channel seted on
hopping table. It's may be enought to do it 1 time per sec. may be
more times, based on /proc/net/hostap/wlan0/hop_timmer

I now hear yours voices, that's stupid idea, why to do it? U just send
more beacons, and flood badwidth. I say may be, but where are too many
APs like at bigger cities, taht may be usefull.

What is yours opinion about that?

Best regards,
 Slavoj                          mailto:hostapd at cybercity.sk