Discontinuation of Linux 2.2.x and old wireless extensions support

gARetH baBB hick.hostap
Sun Apr 13 04:07:57 PDT 2003

On Sat, 12 Apr 2003, Sergio M. Ammirata wrote:

> What about the openap (now linuxap, OpenAP-ct and openap-ng) projects?
> They have a 2.4 system that has only 1MB of HD space and 4MB memory.

Maybe, perhaps I've overstating the case - but there is still some
hardware which doesn't like 2.4, and there is still alot of problems with
various parts of 2.4, viz. the number of patches people seem to apply
almost by "default" to get a reasonably stable kernel.

And it certainly is more bloated per feature set - 2.5 even more so, which
has been a recent-ish thread in lkml.