EAP Identifier

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat Apr 12 18:42:42 PDT 2003

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 06:05:34PM +0800, Teresa wrote:

> What may cause the following error messages?
> EAP Identifier of the Response-Identity from xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx does not
> match(was 23, expected 24)

This is probably happening in a case where Authenticator is sending two
Request-Identity packets with different identifier numbers and
Supplicant is replying to first request only after the second one has
been sent.

I have modified the code to not send canned failure packet in
DISCONNECTED state when entering from INITIALIZE state. In addition, the
latest CVS version of hostapd does not increase currentId in that state
if the canned failure packet is not sent.

Could you please re-test using the latest CVS version of hostapd and if
you can see the same error message, please send me the debug output from
hostapd of the full IEEE 802.1X negotiation including 802.11 auth/assoc
before it. You can get this debug log by running hostapd with command
line like './hostapd -d -B hostapd.conf'.