WDS problems, was Re: Can I upgrade a DLINK 520 to 1.5.6?

Eduardo Kaftanski eduardo
Sat Apr 5 17:54:03 PST 2003

> Answering my own question (a couple of google-hours later..)
>
> -I got the card in a win2k machine
> -I flashed it with the windows flasher and 1.4.9 code
> -I can now upload 1.5.6 to ram at startup.
>
> I sitll can get WDS to work, and I am trying to use the latest CVS code
> that says hostapd can be client and server at the same time, but it does
> not seem to work...
>
> WDS never worked. AP is Linksys WAP11. Hostap works in managed mode,
> but I need to use it to bridge to nets...

One hour after that I found this:

/usr/local/bin/prism2_param wlan0 wds_type 8

this fixed the problem with WDS not working. I now receive packets
from computers in the wired lan at the other side of the WAP11, but sending
anything to them results in:

AP: packet to non-associated STA 00:0a:27:d5:f3:38
wlan0: Could not find STA for this TX error

Any ideas? 00:0a:27:d5:f3:38 IS the Mac address of the computer at the other
side...

(this already looks like a howto... I promise to write one
if I get this working.)

--
Eduardo Kaftanski
eduardo at linuxcenter.cl
Gerente Ingenieria LinuxCenter S.A.
Canada 239 5to Piso, Providencia, Stgo de Chile.
http://www.linuxcenter.cl 2745000