Hostap box don't ping to another box with w98, and other problem

Vic Berdin sndbeat
Thu Apr 3 21:41:29 PST 2003

Hello Jesus,

Wireless card specifics are usually configured in
/etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts. You may set your WLAN
network settings in /etc/network, but IMHO, it's best
to do it in /etc/pcmcia/network.opts to handle network
settings during card hot swapping more effectively.
Just try using the native card manager opts files and
see what happens.

HTH -Vic

--__--__--

Message: 4
From: Jesus Gomez <isomax at amena.com>
To: hostap at shmoo.com
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 17:26:13 +0200
Subject: Hostap box don't ping to another box with
w98, and other
 problem

I have a hostAP box with=3A

Debian 3=2E0
2=2E4=2E20 kernel
Usr 2415 card (which is a pc-card inside a plx
adaptor) with firm
1=2E4=2E=
9

And another with=3A

Windows 98
Usr 2415 (which is a pc-card inside a plx adaptor)
card with firm
1=2E4=2E=
9

I ping from w98 to linux=2C ok
I ping from linux to w98=2C no pings are replied

When i type iwconfig=2C i see the message Driver for
wlan0 has been =

compiled with we v14=2C since this program has
v12=2E=2E=2E=2E I
suspect =
it is =

not the problem =BFIs it=3F

Another thing i note is=2C i setup in
/etc/network/interfaces=3A

auto wlan0
iface wlan0 inet static
   address 192=2E168=2E0=2E10
   netmask 255=2E255=2E255=2E0
   wireless=5Fessid my=5Fessid
   wireless=5Fchannel 6
   =2E=2E=2E=2E=2E=2E=2E an some other options like
these

but when i reboot none of the settings are=27nt
loaded=2C except the
addr=
ess

What am i doing bad