ifup?!

Brent Michalski brent
Tue Apr 1 19:51:34 PST 2003

Ok, I modified my /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-wlan0 to look
like this:

DEVICE=wlan0
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Wireless
BOOTPROTO=none
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
IPADDR=192.168.0.142
NETWORK=192.168.0.0
BROADCAST=192.168.0.255
GATEWAY=192.168.0.1
NOZEROCONF=1

The card will "come up", meaning it accepts the IP address, but that is
about it.  I have a laptop with a PCMCIA card on the same network, so I
tried to do a "route" to see what happened. On the laptop, it
immediately displays the 192.168, 127.0.0.1, and default lines.  On this
PC, with the hostap driver, it displays the first 2, then pauses for
about 30 seconds, then displays the default line.  The outputs are
identical besides that...

I cannot ping 192.168.0.1, I get a "host unreachable" error.

This is driving me nuts!  It is like I am 98% there, I just can't get it
to really work!

HELP!

Thanks,
Brent