Handoff time measurement

Victor Aleo victor.aleo
Wed Oct 30 15:55:46 PST 2002

Hi,

Any one knows how much time it takes the handoff in a very simple WLAN
network with 2 APs (running the Prism2 driver as Master mode) and using
a station (as Managed mode) with also running Prism2?

I refer to the MAC (layer-2 handoff), without using MobileIP or anything
else. I have tried to measured it, but the results I have got are very
high: between 1 and 2 seconds!!! When it should be around a few hundred
milliseconds (200 at much, maybe). Of course, the handoff time depends
of the beacon period that in my case is the default, thus 100 ms.

I would appreciate any suggestions,

Thanks

--
Victor