How to get the station bit rate from the AP?

Victor Aleo victor.aleo
Wed Oct 23 03:49:13 PDT 2002

Victor Aleo wrote:

> Jason Boxman wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday 22 October 2002 07:14 pm, Victor Aleo wrote:
>>

>>> Hi everybody,
>>>
>>> I use the version Prism2-2002-05-19 of the driver and the WLAN card
>>> configured in Master mode (AP). I would like to get, for each station
>>> associated with the AP, the bit rate that the stations are using (1, 2,
>>> 5.5 or 11). How can I get this information?
>>>

>> You really ought to upgrade to 2002-10-12.
>>

> Indeed, to upgrade it is an option but I cannot (by several reasons)
> so my question it was exactly refered to version 2002-05-19.
>
> Any idea how can I get this information with Prism-2002-05-19 version?

I have found this field: is at line 18 and the field id is "rate". I was
a bit confused because for some reason the driver appends a zero after
the bit rate (except for the 5.5 case that is equal to 55). Thus, if the
rate is 2Mbps the contents of this field is 20.

--
Victor