Config file for hostap_pci??

Michael Milligan milli
Sun Oct 20 17:56:05 PDT 2002

Jason Boxman wrote:
> On Sunday 20 October 2002 04:14 am, Ricardo Galli wrote:
>>On Sunday 20 October 2002 07:27, Michael Milligan shaped the electrons to
>>

> <snip>
>
>>auto eth1
>>iface eth1 inet dhcp
>>        wireless_essid  Antoli
>>        wireless_mode   Managed
>>        wireless_key    s:mykey
>>        wireless_rate   auto
>>        wireless_nick   sofi
>>#       wireless_power  period 2
>>#       wireless_power  1
>>#       wireless_power  timeout 300u all
>

> It was always my impression those needed to be prefixed with "up":
>
> auto wlan0
> iface wlan0 inet static
>         address 192.168.1.1
>         netmask 255.255.255.0
>         up /sbin/iwconfig wlan0 essid vortex && \
>         /sbin/iwconfig wlan0 channel 1

As I understand them, both approaches are essentially the same, and
unfortunately both do *not* work reliably for me.  Unless you also add this
to the recipe:

   up sleep 1 || /sbin/iwpriv wlan0 reset 2 || true

This could certainly just be a quirk of the card (Intel 2011B PCI), but
using pre-up statements work for me.

Regards,
Mike

Michael Milligan  --  Free Agent  --  milli at acmeps.com