Config file for hostap_pci??

Ricardo Galli gallir
Sun Oct 20 09:52:30 PDT 2002

On Sunday 20 October 2002 17:09, Bruce Best (CRO) shaped the electrons to
shout:
> Thanks!
>
> By the way, using Michael's suggestions worked, but not Ricardo's (I
> received an error regarding the essid line). Not sure if this is due to the
> driver being used; I note Ricardo referred to eth1, so presumably you are
> using the kernel drivers, not hostap or wlan-ng.

Yup, it was a Debian on an Apple iBook (I just wantet to show the interfaces'
file).

But the following is a Debian with hostap, running as Master.

/etc/network/interfaces
auto wlan0

iface wlan0 inet static
    address 192.168.0.1
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    network 192.168.0.0

/etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts

*,*,*,*)
    INFO="Red Antoli"
    ESSID="Antoli"
    MODE="Master"
    RATE="auto"
    CHANNEL="11"
    KEY="s:my_key"
    ;;

--
  ricardo galli       GPG id C8114D34
       A paperless office has about as much a chance as a paperless bathroom