Firmware STA 1.5.4, R1010504.HEX

Pavel Roskin proski
Fri Oct 18 14:02:36 PDT 2002

Hi, Jouni!

> I'm not fully sure about the proper procedure with primary image. There
> are two possibilities: 1) download primary image to RAM, initialize
> card, download station image to RAM, initialize card again; 2) download
> combined primary image and station image data to RAM, initialize card. I
> have mostly tested the second option, but it did not seem to work
> correctly. First option requires some changes to the driver code so that
> it will be able to initialize the card with only primary image and then
> perform RAM download for the station image.

I don't know how relevant it is, but the spectrum_cs driver does something
similar.  The steps are:

1) stop firmware (just in case)
2) download primary firmware
3) run firmware
4) reset the card (hermes_reset() fails, but it's OK)
5) read the pda
6) download secondary firmware
7) patch secondary firmware directly in the card (gross, but saves us a
read-write buffer in the memory)
8) run firmware

This logic can be found in the functions spectrum_dl_image() and
spectrum_dl_firmware().  The source of the driver can be found online:
http://www.red-bean.com/~proski/symbol/spectrum_cs.c.html

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin