Binary attachments (was: 0.7.5 to 1.4.9 firmware upgrade??)

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Wed Oct 16 03:53:09 PDT 2002

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 11:23:20PM -0700, Pedro Estrela wrote:

> the firmware that was posted ealier on this list for this chipset
> (http://hostap.epitest.fi/hostap/2002-08/1540.html), (which, for reference,
> I repeat on this message).

Please, do _not_ send any binary attachments to the mailing list.
Patches to the driver are OK as an attachment, but please keep
executable binaries and firmware images away from the list. If you have
something like this to share, post the image on an FTP or WWW site and
just mail the URL. Current list configuration does apparently allow such
attachments, but I will ask this to be changed if I see more such
messages.