Correct way to obtain the 802.11 headers with a raw socket?

Hector Velayos hvelayos
Thu Nov 21 07:02:28 PST 2002

Thank you for your answer.

I was trying to write a small program to measure the handover time as my
laptop moves from one AP to another. This is why I needed the ctrl/mgmt
frames as well. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to modify the code in
the way you indicated, so I will use two cards in the same laptop (one
working in managed mode and the other in monitor mode).

Nevertheless, I am using HostAP as the client and it works very well. You
are doing a superb work. I wish it would be integrated in the kernel soon.

Hector