Contd: More description of prob with dwl 650 on RH 8

Senthil Cumar Palaniappun senthilcumar
Thu Nov 14 09:06:08 PST 2002

Hi all,

In continuation to my prev post a few more description of my prob with dwl
650.

I added the following lines to /etc/pcmcia/config file-

card "D-Link DWL-650"
  version "D", "Link DWL-650 11Mbps WLAN Card"
  bind "hostap_cs"

When I restart the pcmcia I get the foll error -

[root at Einstein pcmcia]# /etc/init.d/pcmcia restart
Shutting down PCMCIA services: done.
Starting PCMCIA services: cardmgr[2062]: error in file 'config' line 1102:
unknown device 'hostap_cs'
cardmgr[2062]: watching 1 sockets
done.

Looks like it doesn't find hostap_cs module. But then if I load hostap_cs it
loads fine, though that also still doesn't find the card :( Please help
me...

Thanks,
Senthil