reassosciation request comes more than once!

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue Dec 31 17:24:02 PST 2002

On Fri, Dec 27, 2002 at 07:54:04PM +0530, Mohit Bajpai wrote:

>     I have been trying out IAPP implementation with  latest hostap driver released on 2002-10-12.  I am using the hostapd mode of the hostap driver.During testing the MOVE operation I found that when STA moves to new AP the new AP detects reassociation of STA more than once. could you please tell that whether this multiple detection of reassociating STA should happen or not because if it is so then it will send move signal more than once which does not seem to be correct.

If the station sends reassociation request multiple times, current
hostapd will report each reassociation as a new one. If this is not
desired, some kind of timer could be used to skip higher-level
processing of reassociations (the request frame itself needs to be
replied to, but there is probably no need to use, e.g., IAPP for each
reassociation that is happening within a short period of time.