Forcing handover

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Fri Dec 20 19:15:43 PST 2002

On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 04:26:28PM +0100, peter.decleyn wrote:

> As a testcase, I would like to examine the hanoff procedure between access
> points. I managed to configure 2 APs with HostAP and I'm now looking for a
> way to force a handover between APs.
>
> Can I use iwconfig wlan0 txpower on the APs and hope that the MN will
> notice the drop in quality?

Depending on what you want to test, you can either ask station to
associate with another AP or make one of the APs "invisible" for the
station. I have been using 'iwconfig wlan0 txpower off' quite a lot to
test reassociation. AP will no be able to send any frames after that and
the station should soon report AP out of range and start looking for a
new one.