Problem(s) with a Compaq WL200

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Dec 15 08:49:29 PST 2002

On Sun, Dec 15, 2002 at 04:35:47PM +0000, Adrian McMenamin wrote:

> When the server boots the card appears to trip through ever lower tx bit rits
> due to retry errors and then settles for the lowest (1 Mb/s). Even then
> operation is poor (very poor) unless I set retry to zero - but there are
> still huge numbers of errors:

I'm assuming that you are using Compaq WL200 as the AP in Host AP mode.
What card and driver are you using as the client that associates with
this AP? I have seen such behavior when the associated station does not
ACK frames even though it receives them correctly. This has happened
with various Prism2/3-based cards running in Managed mode using Host AP
driver. Card reset has often fixed the problem ('iwpriv wlan0 reset 0'
or 'iwpriv wlan0 reset 1'), but not always. I haven't yet found out the
real cause for this.