hostap_plx switching off encryption?

Vladimir Ivaschenko hazard
Fri Dec 13 06:56:48 PST 2002

Hi,

As far as I understand you're talking about WISP-Dist. I'm the developer
of this distribution. To be honest from your description I don't
understand whether the problem is in the WISP-Dist or in the driver.

Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 05:32:56AM +0000 Simon Waters wrote about hostap_plx switching off encryption?

> Had trouble switching of hostap_plx encryption on WISP (using
> Linksys cards with 1.4.9).
>
> The menuing system has a minor bug, which slowed me down a
> little, but I couldn't manually issue iwconfig command to switch
> encryption off.
>
> Should both "iwconfig wlan0 key off" and "iwconfig wlan0 enc
> off" switch off encryption, I couldn't persuade WISP to do this
> when hostap_plx was in MASTER mode, in the end I had to "vi
> /etc/network/wireless.config", commit to flash, and reboot.
>
> Minor issue but I'd like to understand it fully, as I need to
> explain all the failures to network.
>
>  Simon

Best Regards
Vladimir Ivaschenko