802.1x with WinXP

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Fri Dec 6 20:43:35 PST 2002

On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 08:31:09PM -0800, Brian Pomerantz wrote:

> If I have time next week I'll set up hostap as an AP (I've been using
> the driver only for a client) and capture the packets with Airopeek to
> see exactly who is doing the deauthentication and the reason given for
> it.

You should not need to setup a sniffer for this.. hostapd log is clearly
showing an incoming deauthentication frame (with reason "STA is
leaving") from the station.. Anyway, I would welcome any new information
on this subject.

If only Supplicant in WinXP would give a bit more debugging information
to find out what is causing the problems.. If anyone happens to know a
way of configuring something like this or knows of a debug version of
that Supplicant, please do let me know. This would certainly make
debugging lot easier.