Changed BAP use - only BAP0 used

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Wed Dec 4 08:27:42 PST 2002

The latest CVS version of the driver uses only BAP0 for wlan card memory
access. Previously, BAP1 was used to copy data from the wlan card to
host memory for RX and info frames.

There has been various reports about card hangs etc. that might have
been related to concurrent BAP0/BAP1 use. This should, in theory, be
supported by the hardware, but there seem to be issues with
hardware/firmware code. Current driver code should now be fully
protecting BAP against concurrent access, so hopefully these issues have
been resolved.

I haven't tested the new code thoroughly, so I would be interested in
hearing if it happens to help with problem cases or cause any new
problems. I just quickly verified that it does not crash my test setup
and that the network performance has not suffered noticeably.