Seeking Help with Downloading AD Films

iz iz2 at gmx.com
Sat Mar 9 08:27:09 PST 2024

> On 9 Mar 2024, at 12:21, Darran Ross <sleepysaurus at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> What I'd like to know is, would it be possible to ask GiP to search all available films and then download only those with audio description?

The short answer is no. GiP cannot search by category or version, nor can it search the entire iPlayer catalog. If, for example, you came up with a way to scrape the Films category on the iPlayer site you could probably assemble a list of PIDs to feed to GiP. You could also simply work your through the Films category and copy/paste URLs of the films you want to the command line or to a batch script of some sort. Tedious, but might be doable for the roughly 250 films available. Use of --versions=audiodescribed wold prevent the download of any films without audio description, at the expense of some error messages.