Searching failing

iz iz2 at gmx.com
Sat Mar 9 07:56:44 PST 2024

> On 9 Mar 2024, at 14:46, Charles Johnson <cehjohnson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 06/03/2024 20:56, iz wrote:
>> "firstbcastdate" is not a search field. Use --fields=available
> Thank you. So I therefore must take it that all tokens that match the pattern ^\w+: in a listing (such as firstbcastyear:, firstbcastrel:, etc.) are NOT the names of fields? If so, that's a PITA. How do I know which fields ARE available for use?

Only a few fields in --info output are derived from the cache data used for searches. You would be waiting until (relative) doomsday to index all metadata for all available programmes. The only really useful search fields are the ones shown in the doc examples. The use of "available" is a bit of a fluke that only works because it is stored as a formatted date/time. As was mentioned by Chris Walker, you also have --available-since and --available-before to bracket searches by availability time. Otherwise, crack open one of your cache files - fields names at at the top. They are the same field names shown in docs for use with --listformat.