BBC 1 TV Schedules not downloading

Budge ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Mon Jun 17 14:24:23 PDT 2024

On 17/06/2024 21:49, Don Grunbaum wrote:
> This is what I have in the file in the pvr folder:
>
> fps25 0
> modes best
> output V:\BBC iPlayer Recordings\Digging for Britain
> subtitles 1
> thumb 0
> type tv
> versionlist default
> pid b014hl0d
> pidrecursive 1
>
> The last two lines will pick up all available episodes. Change the other
> settings to your own preferences. The filename is whatever you want it
> to be.
>
> HTH
>
> Don

Hi Don,
Many thanks.  Clearly I am a still a beginner.
First, where are these settings saved?  Did you enter them using a
string of commands after --pvr-add or edit a settings file?

I do have a pvr folder but this only contains a single line for each
title, no other details. Can I just add these options as you have shown
for each title as appropriate?  I had been discouraged from editing by
hand back in the day.

Another question.  I am just downloading using --pid --pid-recursive and
the files I am getting are huge.  A one hour programme is using more
space than a three hour HD download of Dune!  I have no idea why or what
use this data is but I doubt my eyes could benefit even if I had an 8K
TV, which I don't.  Please can you advise how I should adjust my
settings to save some disk space to something more reasonable?

Thanks again,
Regards,
Alastair.