m001vkll puzzle

Jim web web at audiomisc.co.uk
Sun Jan 21 09:51:52 PST 2024

In article <3a4acfb6-304d-c48c-8af3-c54bf1ae0728 at macfh.co.uk>, MacFH - C
Macfarlane - News <news at macfh.co.uk> wrote:
> > You need NTFS for it to work for bigger files than 4 GB

> No he doesn't!  As he has already stated, he uses Linux which has a
> choice of different possible file systems, and he is only using any form
> of FAT for the boot partition, which in Linux is commonly only a few GB
> containing boot files; for the main OS partitions most probably he's
> using ext4, which is the default for most modern Linux distros that I've
> tried.  Ext4 can handle large files no problem at all:

Yup! My only *deliberate* use of FAT is if I want to transfer files via a
removable memory device like a USB stick to carry it between one of my
Linux boxes or my RISC OS box. Its the only simply common filer as RO uses
its own - quite different - file system.

Jim

--
Electronics  https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~www_pa/Scots_Guide/intro/electron.htm