get_iplayer 3.35.0-MSWin32-x64 Web PVR not refreshing cache automatically

jon928se at gmail.com jon928se at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 00:58:06 PST 2024

George

I think you are correct that the web PVR is just a front end for the CLI pvr
running in the background. It doesn't rely on Chrome or windows to actually
do anything.

I don't think you are correct regarding 4hr Cache refresh when using the web
PVR  (although I can't explain this inconsistency - see below)

The Cache used to refresh every 4 hours using the web PVR without the
refresh cache page being open. I have used the GiP web PVR for approx. 8
years and on one occasion whilst on holidays for 5 weeks I returned home to
see that GiP had recorded everything in my PVR list over the previous 5
weeks and stuff broadcast within the previous 12 hours - so clearly still
working.

Now if I leave the refresh cache page open it all works without human
intervention.

Can I explain the change in behaviour - no I can't, but I am just happy that
it works as intended if in a slightly different manner.

Jon