End of get_iplayer is nigh?

Jim web web at audiomisc.co.uk
Thu Feb 15 04:27:40 PST 2024

In article <d4b32661-1d20-16d2-91b2-f2304ae234fb at macfh.co.uk>, MacFH - C
Macfarlane - News <news at macfh.co.uk> wrote:

> >> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- The BBC's iPlayer streaming service is to end
> >> downloads for users who watch on desktop or laptop computers.
> >>
> >> Programmes will still be available to download on tablets and phones
> >> via the mobile iPlayer app.

> Reading what happens on 11th March more closely, I suppose it depends on
> whether GiP uses the download information from the iPlayer site, or the
> streaming information.  If the former, at best it will need updating to
> use the latter instead, supposing that is possible, whereas if it
> already uses the latter nothing will change.  Does anyone here happen to
> know which type of data GiP scrapes?

I'm puzzled by the idea that they will distinguish and provide shedule info
as per their current daily webpages for each channel/station.

Is the idea/aim that *only* a 'BBC app' will work? If so, why impose that
on License Fee payers? Some of whom may simply not have a 'device'. (I
don't.)

JIm

--
Electronics  https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~www_pa/Scots_Guide/intro/electron.htm