New Installation External Programs

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed Sep 20 13:36:10 PDT 2023

On Wed, Sep 20, 2023 at 06:09:27PM +0100, Budge wrote:
[...]
> My openSUSE repo does not have atomicparsley. It has libatomicparsley0
> which is apparently in a gtkpod.

I don't know much about SUSE (apart from that it used to be a half-arsed Red
Hat remix which was in severe decline by the 2000s and I had assumed it was
no more) but I do note that the binary name is "AtomicParsley" and not
lower-cased like all sensible Unix commands. So you might want to check for
a package with the same mixed-case name.

> Also for ffmpeg I am spoiled for choice with versions 4,5 &6 offered.

Pick whichever will actually install, starting from the latest and working
backwards. I'm still using ffmpeg 3.3.4, and it works just fine.