Some questions on PVR

Kevin Lynch klynchk at gmail.com
Fri May 12 15:34:31 PDT 2023

I searched versions argument and found in
https://forums.squarepenguin.co.uk/thread-1079

Version                               Description
====================================
original                              Default version
dubbedaudiodescribed     Audio-described video
editorial                             Edited version
iplayerversion                    iPlayer version
legal                                  Edited for legal reasons
lengthened                        Extended version of broadcast
opensubtitled                     Subtitled version
other                                  Non-default version, other reason
podcast                              Podcast, available DRM-free
prewatershed                    Edited for content
shortened                          Trimmed version of broadcast
signed                                Signing for the hearing impaired in-vision
technicalreplacement         Edited for technical reasons
unknown                            Non-default version, reason unknown

You can use the --info option to see the available versions of a pid.

And the

C:\Users\kevin>get_iplayer --info --pid b09k1f9h

Episodes:
Conversations from a Long Marriage - Conversations from a Long
Marriage, BBC Radio 4, b09k1f9h
INFO: 1 total programmes

INFO: Processing radio: 'Conversations from a Long Marriage -
Conversations from a Long Marriage (b09k1f9h)'

brand:           Conversations from a Long Marriage
categories:      Comedy,Sitcoms
category:        Comedy
channel:         BBC Radio 4
desc:            Joanna Lumley and Roger Allam star as a couple who
have been married for over 40 years.
desclong:        Joanna Lumley and Roger Allam play a couple who have
been married for over 40 years. [... text deleted]
descmedium:      Joanna Lumley and Roger Allam star as children of the
60s who've now been married for over 40 years. We fo[... text deleted]
descshort:       Joanna Lumley and Roger Allam star as a couple who
have been married for over 40 years.
expires:         in 4y 232 days 1 hours (2027-12-31T00:00:00+00:00)
firstbcast:      2018-01-01T11:30:00Z
firstbcastdate:  2018-01-01
firstbcastday:   01
firstbcastmonth: 01
firstbcastrel:   5 years 131 days 10 hours ago
firstbcasttime:  11:30:00
firstbcastyear:  2018
longname:        Conversations from a Long Marriage
name:            Conversations from a Long Marriage
nameshort:       Conversations from a Long Marriage
pid:             b09k1f9h
player:          https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09k1f9h
qualities:       original: high,std,med,low
qualitysizes:    original: high=71MB,std=29MB,med=20MB,low=11MB
[estimated sizes]
runtime:         28
thumbnail:       https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/1920x1080/p0c6mk9x.jpg
title:           Conversations from a Long Marriage: Conversations
from a Long Marriage
type:            radio
verpids:         original: b09k1dxw
version:         original
versions:        original
web:             https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09k1f9h

The only "version" available is the "original"