OT yt-dlp and Python snag

MacFH - C E Macfarlane - News news at macfh.co.uk
Mon Mar 27 10:10:56 PDT 2023

On 27/03/2023 10:44, Jim web wrote:

Glad to see you're still alive and kicking.  I'd noticed your absence in
another place and was a little worried for you.

> This is OT but I'm hoping some here will be using yt-dlp and can help!

I do use yt-dlp occasionally, but it's the Win32 pre-compiled version,
so I kept quiet initially hoping that someone else would be able to give
you some worthwhile help, but, as the problem doesn't seem to going
anywhere, I'll see what I can do ...

> The version of yt-dlip I've been using has been upped to the current one.
> This now refuses to work unless I also go to Python 3.7 so I have installed
> the basics of that... I think. However...

Might as well be sure, so what happens when you type:
	python --version

If that comes up with 3.7 as desired, what do you get for:
	pip --help

On Ubuntu 18 I get:  Command 'pip' not found, but can be installed with:
	sudo apt install python-pip

> Now when I try to run it is fails by saying
>
> No module "contextvars".

Once pip is installed, try:
	pip install contextvars