Blocked from streaming

Expert Geeks expertgeeks at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 05:27:55 PDT 2023

Hi all,

I know this is off-topic, but I was hoping someone might have some
suggestions about what I can do about this or what service I need to
raise this issue. I routinely listen to BBC radio via VLC, using the
links on this page;

https://gist.github.com/bpsib/67089b959e4fa898af69fea59ad74bc3

However, none of the stream links are working for BBC radio now.. Oddly,
neither is it working for LBC.. I am able to listen to both BBC & LBC
when connected to a VPN, which makes me think that my home IP is on a
radio streaming blocklist.

Since the BBC are switching off their usual mp3 over http streams soon,
I set up a transcoder on my server so that I could continue to listen to
BBC radio via my ageing internet radio device.. I suspect that this
continuous connection may have trigged an automatic ban, however I'm a
licence fee payer and resident in the UK.. and have no clue how to get
my IP off such a blocklist. Does anyone here have a clue ?

Thanks!