$opt->{nowarntvlicence} how to set?

MacFH - C E Macfarlane - News news at macfh.co.uk
Wed Jan 4 05:46:21 PST 2023

On 03/01/2023 23:20, Kevin Lynch wrote:

> Rebuilding my get_iplayer environment.
>
> I don't want the TV Licence warning appearing in my logs.
>
> What's the syntax
>
> get_iplayer --prefs-add --nowarntvlicence=1
>
> Unknown option: nowarntvlicence

The search term 'licence' gets no hits anywhere in the long help output
of the v3.30 script.

Further, if you search the script for 'nowarntvlicence', you find only
two hits in the following section beginning at line 3,722 (email
linewrap not in original):

	if ( $prog->{type} eq "tv" && ! $opt->{nowarntvlicence} ) {
		$opt->{nowarntvlicence} = 1;
		main::logger "WARNING: A UK TV licence is required to access BBC
iPlayer TV content legally\n";
	}

What this seems to indicate is that the script author was allowing for
some mechanism to exist for not displaying the message, but didn't
actually get so far as implementing it fully, otherwise the string would
also appear earlier in the script where the command-line parameters and
preferences files are read.

Thus I guess you'd have to add the missing coding yourself to implement it.