PVR process stops working

MrBrunes mr.brunes at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 08:44:56 PST 2023

Tx to all for the info. No idea how I ended up with old docs.

Before I saw this I did delete the pvrlock file (which contained the
old PID) which did the trick and only then I was able to run the PVR
scheduler. This time I did it from a command prompt which displays the
activity and also redirects it to a log e.g.
PS F:\iplayer recordings> get_iplayer --pvr-scheduler 14400 >> pvr-log.txt
This seems to work well.

Then I tried the Windows scheduled task approach as hopefully that
would survive a restart without logging in.
So far it doesn't seem to have created a log file so will do some more
testing. Though I've encountered issues before with Windows Scheduler
silently failing to run quite basic batch files, even with all the
correct rights, auth info and 'Start in' folder. These same batch
files run perfectly from a cmd line.