Re-visiting GiP and BBC - Finding my bearings with BBC and GiP

Budge ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Thu Apr 20 13:46:40 PDT 2023

After a long period of not using GiP I thought I would re-visit this much loved tool and find the BBC is much changed.  It seems GiP is still working on my workstation here although I shall have to refresh my memory on pvr but I am having real trouble finding the programme schedules on the BBC Sounds using the TV, now I no longer subscribe to the Radio Times.

For example I heard a few minutes on the wireless in th car this morning which was on a subject of interest. Taxonomy was mention and also Linnaeus.  I made a note of the time so that when I returned home I could look it up.  I guessed "In Our Time" but using BBC Sounds on the TV I simply couldn't find the schedule of the programme even for today, never mind yesterday.  The only way I could find it was searching for In Our Time, a lucky guess as I didn't hear Bragg speak in the car.

This evening I went to the website on my workstation and found the schedules under the station button readily but there does not seem to be an equivalent on the app on the TV.  What am I doing wrong please?

I shall come back on pvr later but I would appreciate a bit of advice please.
Alastair.