Creating a month from the GiP filename

Chris Walker cdw_pcmail at the-walker-household.co.uk
Thu Oct 13 03:40:51 PDT 2022

I download some radio programmes each week including these, Sounds of
the 60s and Tony Blackburns Golden Hour.

I sort them into the relevant year using <nameshort>/<firstbcastyear>
but I then have to run a bash script to create a folder for the relevant
month with this code :-
newdir=$month" "$(date -d $month/01 +%b) where the month has been
extracted earlier such that I get a folder named '10 Oct'.

But of course GiP already provides the firstbcastmonth so is there any
way for GiP to create the month in the format I desire?

Any help or ideas appreciated.

--
/ _/ _` \ V  V /  |  mailto:cdw_pcmail at the-walker-household.co.uk  |