Get_iplayer no longer converts to m4a

Jonathan Bryden Jonathan at speedbird.uk.net
Mon Jun 6 03:00:23 PDT 2022

Hi

Thanks so much for all your ideas - unfortunately no success so far.

The same message appear for both TV and radio and both download a .TS file before stopping.

With TV programmes I also get the following text

WARNING: ffmpeg 2.5 or higher is required to convert HLS downloads to MP4
WARNING: Use --raw to bypass MP4 conversion and retain .ts file
WARNING: Use --ffmpeg-force to override checks and force MP4 conversion attempt-

So I tried using the --fmpeg-force command but the result is the same.

Only the first path C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer was in my PATH statement but I added :\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer\utils\bin as suggested and tested it with the ffmeg.exe which works.

I have not installed or uninstalled any software or hardware since the problem first appeared and there are no files quarantined by my AV software.

This is a mystery to me - any further ideas would be most welcome...

Many thanks

Jonathan