Curating "In Our Time" (IOT) downloads.

Budge ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Tue Jul 5 05:52:14 PDT 2022

On 05/07/2022 12:26, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> Hi Budge,
>
>> The categories were Culture, History, Philosophy, Religion and
>> Science.  This seems to have stopped around 2012, possible due to BBC
>> format changes and since then they have all been saved in my system as
>> "Unsorted" and for a while these were also numbered but are no longer,
>> possibly due to changes in my own GiP setup over the years.
>
> Please show the list some example filenames, both those old ones which
> are in their correct category and some new ‘unsorted’ ones.  This will
> tell us what information can be gleaned from them, e.g. an iPlayer PID.

Hi Ralph,
Many thanks btw to all for the prompt replies.
Here is the last file in the Science list:-

file:///home/alastair/NFS_Multimedia_NFS/AV_multimedia/Music/Radio_Programme/In_Our_Time_Science/153 In_Our_Time_Archive_Science_-_IOT_The_Royal_Society_and_British_Science_Episode_4_iots_20100107-0900a.mp3

I have no idea how the numbering was achieved and looking at the metadata the file is showing as a podcast.

 From the unsorted directory in my system they fall into two types, those already numbered although again I have no recollection of how they were numbered, and those without numbers.

Here is the first of the list:-
file:///home/alastair/NFS_Multimedia_NFS/AV_multimedia/Music/Radio_Programme/In_Our_Time_Unsorted/In_Our_Time_-_716._The_Sikh_Empire_b075t5mn_default.m4a.  The numbering stopped at 815.  The files then have a slightly different look.  Here is the first of the un-numbered files:-

file:///home/alastair/NFS_Multimedia_NFS/AV_multimedia/Music/Radio_Programme/In_Our_Time_Unsorted/In_Our_Time_-_A_Midsummer_Nights_Dream_m00046rp_podcast.m4a

Here is the last on my database:-

file:///home/alastair/NFS_Multimedia_NFS/AV_multimedia/Music/Radio_Programme/In_Our_Time_Unsorted/In_Our_Time_With_Melvyn_Bragg_-_IOT_Zen_04_Dec_14_iot_20141204-1140a.mp3

Will these help?
Meanwhile I shall take a look at the wiki and also on BBC archive.
Regards,
Budge