Curating "In Our Time" (IOT) downloads.

fred.d fred.d at timelords.org.uk
Tue Jul 5 04:02:32 PDT 2022

Couldn't find the current episodes on iplayer so not sure if they have
these categories available, but that will be limited anyway.

Tried IMDB - they have an episode list but no info other than title

Tried the tvdb, but unsurprisingly not there.

Wikipedia provides a list however with a lot of info.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_In_Our_Time_programmes

Not your categories tho, so it would be a manual exercise to import the
list into a spreadsheet and add a category column, wouldn't think it
would take more than an hour with this info as you know how you want to
categorise them.
Then use the titles and categories from that list with some awk/sed
wizardry (or other renaming program if you have one)  to effect the
changes to the filenames.

I'm assuming that you aren't Windows but if you are, have a look at
"advanced renamer", there may be an extension to extract info from the
relevant audio files and if you're lucky then the category is in there
but hidden. Takes a couple of hours to wrap your head around the
advanced options and test, but I have used this for my photography files
for years as I prefer the primary info to be in the file name. I still
use other tools to organise but...

Once you've done it, consider uploading to the Wiki or IMDB.

Good luck.