Curating "In Our Time" (IOT) downloads.

Budge ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Tue Jul 5 01:42:06 PDT 2022

I have been listening to IOT for years and have these downloads saved for use locally.
Through time the BBC have delivered these programmes in slightly different formats and I believe they are now also available from an archive as podcasts, but I already have my own archive, albeit in various formats.

My problem is that in the beginning the downloads were filtered, I think by BBC but possibly by my filters long ago, into five categories according to subject.  The categories were Culture, History, Philosophy, Religion and Science.  This seems to have stopped around 2012, possible due to BBC format changes and since then they have all been saved in my system as "Unsorted" and for a while these were also numbered but are no longer, possibly due to changes in my own GiP setup over the years.

I am reluctant to download them all again so am posting a request for help please to curate these files and sort the unsorted programmes into the original categories.  Is this possible and if so how please?  All help much appreciated as it has been a while since I worked on GiP.
Budge