Request for assistance - Can't install v3.29 on Windows 11

Clive roadcone at gmx.com
Mon Feb 14 07:15:02 PST 2022

Hello,

I'm sure I had this problem previously but can't recall the solution.

I'm running v3.28 on W11 with no problems (and 3.29 on W11 on another
computer). When I double-click on the setup file obtained from github
via square penguin's installer link, the cursor hourglass runs for a
couple of seconds then nothing happens. I generally use the x64 copy but
have also tried the x86 and the same happens. I don't get as far as the
UAC prompt. I've disabled my anti-virus (Bitdefender) but again,
nothing.

Can anyone offer any guidance please?

Clive